11:30 – Setup of lodge – Volunteers needed!
12:00 – Dhuhr Salat
1:00 – Potluck – Open Buffet
2:00 – Adult gift exchange / Muslim Comedy
2:45 – Asr Salat
3:00 – Muslim poetry competition
4:00 – Cleanup
The planned activities for this Eid Party are as follows (subject to change):
- Soccer field is closed for construction
- Temperature does not permit the use of moon bounce, cotton candy, or popcorn machine outside
- Cards, scrabble, chess, or other games: please bring a favorite game to share
- Children: It’s September now but when is Rajab? Get your kids ready by teaching them the Months of the Islamic Calendar. If there is a tie, the tie breaker will be a general question about Islam that every kid should know, i.e. questions we are asked in the grave by the angels…
- Adult: Something to do with Allah….
- Adult: All about Islam Quiz time
- If you like, bring additional gifts for your kids.
- Gift exchange for the adults. We will be doing the very funny, fun, and weird white elephant gift exchange that we all love so much. The maximum you should spend on the gift is $15. Try to buy unisex gifts.
- When you arrive at the lodge, place your gift in the pile next to the fireplace discretely. Do not let anyone know what you brought.
- For game time: every participant (those who brought gifts) gets to choose a number from a box.
- You then get to choose a gift from the pile, #1 starts first.
- You must then open the gift to show everyone.
- Do not hide the gift and please stay put.
- The next person can either ‘steal’ your gift or choose a gift from the pile.
- If your gift is taken, you may choose another, or steal someone elses gift.
- You cannot resteal your gift from the person who took if from you.
- A particular gift can only be ‘stolen’ 2 times. Once it is taken the 2nd time, it is now off the market.
- Continue until all gifts are unwrapped, stolen/taken, tossed in the trash, thrown at someone, or set ablaze (j/k – no fires in the lodge please).
- You may exchange gifts if you like after the game is complete (but not while the game is going on).